Request for GRADUATE Composition Audition (for students entering in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018)
Completed admissions application must be postmarked no later than December 1 (DMA) or March 1 (MM)(Recordings can be uploaded as part of the School of Music Graduate Audition Request Application).
Prospective MM students may choose to audition January 28, February 25, or March 4, 2017 (If also auditioning on an instrument.)
Prospective DMA students who are invited may choose to audition January 26-27 or Feb. 23-24, 2017 -- Two days required. (DMA auditions are pre-screened, and only those invited following pre-screening may audition if also auditioning on an instrument.)
- Complete all University and School of Music application requirements.
- Composers submit portfolio (minimum 3 – 5) original scores and recordings (to address below)
- Theorists submit a minimum of 3 papers that exhibit scholarly work in music. At least one of these papers must be analytical in nature. (to address below)
- Complete all University and School of Music application requirements
- Submit a portfolio of original scores and recordings. These will be evaluated before an invitation to campus for testing and an interview is issued. (to address below)
- In addition to School entrance examination requirements, composers invited to campus are tested in the areas of keyboard literacy, orchestration, and counterpoint. The results of these exams are factored into the admission decision.
Once completed, please send your materials to:
Texas Christian University
Office of Graduate Studies
College of Fine Arts
TCU Box 297550
Fort Worth, TX 76129
The School of Music recommends that all applicants send their materials First Class Mail and utilize the USPS’s Delivery Confirmation Service.